Tuesday 9 January 2018

Just add lace to make a distinctive bag

From this



To this with a little lace, a few buttons and some ribbon.





Getting from one bag to the other was a joy as I was working with such beautiful materials.
I chose one of the new cotton laces:
50mm Cotton Lace Natural x 1 metre
Some of the baby pink buttons:

Baby Pink Mixed Buttons for sewing and craft, 50g

Some ivory and Sherbet 16mm satin:
16mm satins here 
Some 3mm satin
3mm satin

Of course I also used one of the pink bags.
Small jute shopper


The pictures below are fairly self explanatory:

Start by putting a strip of double sided tape across the top of the bag. About a third of the way down is good.

 Then cut a piece of lace to fit with just a little to turn at the edges and stick to the double sided tape.


Add another layer of tape to the top of the lace and then stick the ribbon to the lace. Turn the raw edges so that they are hidden.




Now sew on the buttons, leave room to add the rose.


If you look at the finished bag, I also decided that a few dangly bits would look good so I tied buttons to the middle of about 5 pieces of 3mm ribbon and then sewed them to the bag before I sewed on the rose.

I hope that you have enjoyed this as much as I have. In fact, I think that I like this so much, I will use it rather than keeping it as a demo piece for the shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment